Parapsychology is the scientific study of mental abilities which interact with the physical world without the use of the physical senses or the physical body, itself. The phrase parapsychological abilities is often abbreviated as psi, and so parapsychology is often referred to as the study of psi phenomena.
For a thorough overview of the scientific evidence supporting psi, read "The Conscious Universe" by Dean Radin, or consult his list of journal articles and books. Another place you can start reading papers overviewing the research is this list of papers provided by Jessica Utts, or this list by Daryl Bem. For a 2010 review of the Ganzfeld experiments, and some insight into the academic debate about psi, read this paper by Lance Storm et al. For an overview of early work in the field of parapsychology, read "Extra-Sensory Perception After Sixty Years", written in 1940 by Joseph B. Rhine .
The Parapsychological Association, an affiliate of AAAS, has prepared an extensive introductory FAQ about parapsychology.
- Cognitive Sciences Laboratory
- Consciousness Research Laboratory
- Rhine Research Center
- The Monroe Institute
- Parapsychological Association
- Society for Scientific Exploration
- Society for Psychical Research
- American Society for Psychical Research
- Journal of Parapsychology
- European Journal of Parapsychology
- Journal of the Society for Psychical Research
- Journal of the American Society for Psychical Research
- Journal of Scientific Exploration
- Charles Tart Consciousness Library
- Bibliography from Conscious Universe
- Meta-analysis papers from Jessica Utts
- Articles overviewing major evidence by Daryl Bem
- Experimental Evidence Summary, by Deborah Delanoy -- An overview of several meta-analyses of parapsychology research
- Survival After Death -- a list of articles, transcribed from various experts in Parapsychology and Spiritualism.
- Rupert Sheldrake -- Homepage of a biologist and author; he reports several experiments into psychic and unexplained phenomena.
- Victor Zammit: Lawer Presents Case for the Afterlife
- Parapsychology and Psi -- Links to scientific papers on these subjects.
- Scientific Papers by Dr. Montague Ullman
- Bibliography of Out-of-Body Experiences-- Over 2,000 bibliographic references to OBE and NDE.
- Sunora's Scientific Studies page -- A diverse list of studies and news articles.